Here at DeliverFund we believe that it is paramount that parents remain educated on the tools and apps their children are using every day in the digital world. Cyberspace is full of predators; we’ll help you make sure your kids are wearing digital body armor whenever they may travel through the world wide web.
Along with monitoring your children and teenager’s social media accounts, it is important to talk to your children and teens about traffickers who attempt to use the internet to recruit their victims.
One of the ways they do this is to pose as agents hiring young people as models, actors, and social media influencers.
Aspiring models, actors, and influencers are so anxious to impress and please the people they are attempting to work with that they tend to sacrifice common sense making them and easy target.
- Stay away from people recruiting over social media who are not from a legitimate agency.
- Just because a person has a large social media following doesn’t mean they are “legitimate” or “trustworthy”
- Never pay a “fee” to be seen or to be part of something.
- If someone is paying for travel, a contract needs to be involved, and your lawyer and/or agent needs to approve, and the tickets would never be ‘one way’
- No legitimate acting/modeling agency would ever put you on a bus.
- Legitimate agencies would never fly a minor alone.